Sunday, August 28, 2011

Moroccan Mission


So I toyed with the idea of visiting the Moroccan mission ever since I started my Internship at the United Nations, but I never got around to doing it. About two weeks ago, I started thinking ‘maybe I should’ seeing that I am right here and all. At the same time, I felt intimidated by the idea of just walking in and visiting all by myself.  To settles all these mixed feelings, I decided to send them an email and see where things go from there. I almost forgot about the whole thing seeing that I was occupied with finishing up my work and that missions get hundreds of emails per week day.
 But to my surprise, I received an email back with a phone number to call and everything, seeing that it was Friday afternoon, I thought I might as well call right away, and I did.  The guy at the mission, knowing that I am leaving soon, invited me to visit that same afternoon.
I have to admit I did not expect the mission offices to be as fancy as they are, it kinda made me proud a little bit, ok ok  a lot haha.
 The advisor was kind enough to welcome me into his office and talk to me about the work of the mission and how they are swamped with work seeing that the general assembly is in September, and Morocco is running for election to the Security Council in October.
The whole experience, along with my interest in diplomacy and everything political pushed me to think about pursuing something in diplomacy and hopefully working with the Moroccan mission to the United Nations at some point.

Who knows right? Let’s see what the future holds 

1 comment:

  1. I know you've got quite a future there if that's what you wish to pursue. I really don't think anyone I know would doubt that. Good luck with whatever you do. :D

    ReplyDelete